There three (3) other pass that non-citizen of Malaysian need to know that is special pass, sticker endorsement & cancellation/shorten.
Special pass is facilities provided to students and dependents to avoid overstay. Students are reminded to observe their current pass (student pass/dependent pass) validity date to avoid overstaying on a current pass.
1. WHAT IS THE CONSEQUENCES OF OVERSTAYING YOUR VISA?
- Staying in Malaysia beyond the period allowed is a violation of Section 15 (1) (c) Immigration Act 1959/63 (Act 155). Any student that has been found to have been living in Malaysia after a pass / permit has expired or revoked will be referred to the Deputy Public Prosecutor by the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- The Deputy Public Prosecutor will determine if the offender shall pay a compound or be charged in court based on the offence committed.
2. WHO IS APPLICABLE FOR SPECIAL PASS APPLICATION?
- Applicants who have overstayed their visa.
- Applicants whose current pass expiring 7 days before expiry date.
- Insufficient period of time during conversion from current pass to other passes.